Sunday, May 4, 2008

The 10 year wait

Marvin and Kate were clearing the old clothes from their closet. "Hey,
look what I found in the pocket of one of your suits!" Kate called out,
holding a claim ticket in her hand.

"What is that?" asked Marvin.

"Apparently, you left some shoes for repair at the shop around the
corner.....10 years ago."

"You don't say." Marvin looked over the ticket. "I often wondered what
happened to those shoes. Do you think they're still there?"

"I doubt it," Kate said.

"I've got nothing to lose at this point. I'll just ask about them."

Marvin walked into the shop wearing his best poker face. He placed the
ticket on the counter and said "I'm here to pick up some shoes."

"Oh my, these have been here a while," the shoe repair man said after
checking the ticket. "I hope we still have them." He walked into a back
room and began rummaging through some boxes. "Hey," he called out.
"They're still here!"

"I can't believe it! That's incredible," said Marvin.

The shoe repairman returned to the counter holding a pair of dusty
shoes. "Yep, still got 'em. They'll be ready for you next Thursday."

No comments: